1/2 Photos of Easy Chicken Pot Pie
This chicken pot pie gets rave reviews from family and friends every time, and it is so easy. It is simple home cooking, but my friends always ask for the recipe. This is especially low in fat and calories if you use the 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup. A great way to get veggies into your kids. The biscuits have 150 calories for 3 biscuits with only 15 calories of fat. Healthy and delicious! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 bunch celery, sliced
- water, to cover
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans English peas
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) packages Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1Place chicken, onions, carrots, celery, salt and pepper in a stock pot and just cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer 20 to 30 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- 2Scoop vegetables and chicken into a casserole dish with enough broth to mix with cream of mushroom to just cover chicken and vegetables. You can use 2 cans of cream of mushroom if you like. I only used one because I didn't have the fat free. Taste to adjust seasonings. Freeze the rest of the broth, if desired, to use in other recipes. It’s delicious.
- 3Put casserole in oven until just bubbly at 450 degrees.
- 4Top with biscuits. Put in the oven at 450 for 8 to 10 minutes. Cook until biscuits are golden.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.0
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 1269.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 31.4 g