This is a quick and extremely simple recipe for chicken pot pie. It can't get any easier than this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium sauce pan melt the butter.
- 2When the butter has melted fry the onions for a few minutes to get them soft.
- 3Add the flour and cook for about 5 minutes, stir constantly.
- 4Add Swanson chicken broth and milk, stir until smooth.
- 5Let boil slowly until think and bubbly stirring occasionally so that it doesn't stick to the pan.
- 6Add the canned vegetables (drained), and the chicken (drained).
- 7If you are going to make this into the traditional "pot pie" simple add the ingredients into the pie shell and cook as directed on the pie shell package. For something alittle different try baking the biscuits and serving the "pot pie" with them. Delicious!
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.8
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 94.6 mg
- Sodium 1379.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 42.4 g