Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick and extremely simple recipe for chicken pot pie. It can't get any easier than this!
- 16 ounces swanson white chicken meat packed in water
- 14 ounces Swanson chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Veg-All (or mixed vegetables)
- 6 ounces mushrooms (optional)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 philsbury pie crusts or 8 philsbury buttery biscuits
- In a medium sauce pan melt the butter.
- When the butter has melted fry the onions for a few minutes to get them soft.
- Add the flour and cook for about 5 minutes, stir constantly.
- Add Swanson chicken broth and milk, stir until smooth.
- Let boil slowly until think and bubbly stirring occasionally so that it doesn't stick to the pan.
- Add the canned vegetables (drained), and the chicken (drained).
- If you are going to make this into the traditional "pot pie" simple add the ingredients into the pie shell and cook as directed on the pie shell package. For something alittle different try baking the biscuits and serving the "pot pie" with them. Delicious!