Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From FUMC "Heavenly Concoctions", my aunt's recipe. This is wonderful, so creamy and flavorful. I followed the recipe exactally, added the a tiny bit of salt and pepper, and also sprinkled a tiny, tiny bit of onion powder in the mixture, but it really doesn't need it. Crust is so light and flakey. You may not want to cook an hour, watch it and decide depends on your oven.
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 3 (15 ounce) cans mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (melted)
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- Combine chicken, soup, vegetables and broth.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Combine margarine, flour and milk.
- Pour over pot pie mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until crust is brown and pie is bubbly.
Made recipe exactly as written....It was delicious and very easy to make...thank you for posting recipe.
This got mixed reviews at my house. I followed the recipe as written except I added a half a teaspoon of pepper to the mixture. When I poured the bisquick mixture on top it didn't stay on top. To me it seemed too thin. I did cook it for an hour and the mixture did rise to the top but some stayed in the pot pie mixture and made it real doughy (like it wasn't done). I wasn't sure what I had done wrong. It tasted good but I just didn't like the dough through the pot pie mixture.
So simple and so good! Made exactly as written and would not change a thing. Will make this often! Thanks for sharing your recipe!