Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love this dish and so do my niece and nephew who call ahead to request it for dinner before they come to visit. It's easy and delicious. You can make the sauce thick or thin by the amount of milk you add, it's up to you. I usually use 3 chicken breasts because the kids love the meat in this pie.
- Put soup into a casserole dish and stir, adding milk a little at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Add chicken, mushrooms, carrots, peas and onions, stirring to blend well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Blend biscuit mix and add 1/2 cup milk and beaten egg, stirring until smooth.
- Pour batter over top of pie filling.
- Bake 45 minutes at 375° or until top is golden brown.
- Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.
This was a really easy and tastey meal. I made one small change of buying uncooked buscuits froom the store and laying them on top of the mixture in a casserole dish. It just made it that much easier and it looked really pretty. I layerd them in a circle with placing one in the center, when they cooked they merged together slightly sealing in all the juice and flavor.
what an awesome dish. this one's a keeper!
I made this for dinner and it was a big hit. Very easy to prepare. I used a 4oz. can of mushrooms instead of the jar, and I used frozen chopped onions to make it easier. I took leftovers to work the next day and it heated up nicely on high for 1 min. in the microwave.