The Big Cheese's Note:
I love this dish and so do my niece and nephew who call ahead to request it for dinner before they come to visit. It's easy and delicious. You can make the sauce thick or thin by the amount of milk you add, it's up to you. I usually use 3 chicken breasts because the kids love the meat in this pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 -3 large chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 1/2 cups diced frozen peas and carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- 1Put soup into a casserole dish and stir, adding milk a little at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- 2Add chicken, mushrooms, carrots, peas and onions, stirring to blend well.
- 3Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- 4Blend biscuit mix and add 1/2 cup milk and beaten egg, stirring until smooth.
- 5Pour batter over top of pie filling.
- 6Bake 45 minutes at 375° or until top is golden brown.
- 7Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.9
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 55.1 mg
- Sodium 501.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 12.3 g