1/1 Photo of Easy Chicken Pilaf Casserole
This wonderful chicken/rice casserole is a favorite in our house, and it is often requested for supper (Tip: any left over cooked chicken (or cooked turkey, I always freeze a whole cooked turkey breast)... just freeze and use in recipes that call for cooked chicken, that way you will always have it on hand, and ready to use). Also, this recipe is great made with cooked turkey instead of chicken. Prep time does not include cooking the rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.16 ml butter
- 29.58-59.16 ml flour
- 2-3 clove fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 414.03 ml half-and-half cream (OR 3/4 cup milk with 1 cup half and half cream)
- 304.75 g can chicken broth
- 14.79-29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- fresh grated black pepper, to taste
- 473.18 ml cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 236.59 ml cooked long-grain rice
- 113.39-226.79 g fresh mushrooms, sliced (or canned, drained is okay)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- 3In a saucepan, melt butter; whisk in flour and fresh garlic (if using), and whisk for 1 minute.
- 4Gradually stir in half and half cream and chicken broth; bring to a light boil, and simmer for 2 minutes, until thickened; add in grated Parmesan cheese (you can use as much as you desire) salt and pepper.
- 5Fold in the cooked chicken, rice, mushrooms, peppers and parsley.
- 6transfer to a prepared casserole dish.
- 7Cover, and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the rice is done, and the casserole is bubbly.
- 8Note: cooked brown rice is great also.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Pilaf Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.1
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 123.3 mg
- Sodium 471.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 25.8 g