I made this pie one day out of bits I had left in my cupboard. Now I am hopeless at making pastry, so I always use ready rolled, also its quicker. This is really quick to make as well and every one that has eaten it reckons it's the best they have ever had. Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken into nice sized chunks and fry in the olive oil until all the chicken turns colour and are about half way cooked.
- 2Add your quartered mushrooms and keep cooking for another 3 minutes.
- 3Sprinkle over garlic powder and add chicken stock cube, continue cooking for another 3 minutes.
- 4Add half of the milk and stir.
- 5Add the chicken supreme mix (I prefer the Colemans Chicken Supreme Mix) and mix well. The mixture should be nice and thick but add the rest of milk as desired until you get a nice thick mixture. (Too much milk will give too much juice and cause your pastry to go soggy).
- 6Line a nice sized baking dish (or pie dish) with one of the ready rolled pastries. (There should be 2 in a pack). Then poor your mixture into it, pushing it down and well into the corners. Cover the pie with the other ready rolled pastry, pinching the edges and cut away the pastry hanging off the edges. Pierce the top of your pie in the middle with a knife.
- 7Place in a pre-heated oven at about Gas mark 6 for about 40 minutes. When cooked, allow to stand for a minimum of ten minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Pie
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 747.4
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 123.4 mg
- Sodium 548.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 56.6 g