Recipe by nhzanne
Chicken, mushrooms, peas in a cheesy sauce baked in flaky pastry. I use leftover chicken - a little goes a long way in this pie.
- 1 cooked boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup peas
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms or 1 (8 ounce) can fresh mushrooms, sliced and sauteed
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Wondra Flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 1 (2 sheet) packageof flaky pastry dough
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 9inch pie dish with flaky pastry, set aside.
- Slice the second sheet of pastry into half inch wide ribbons and sett aside.
- Cut the chicken into small (1/2 inch square) cubes. Set aside.
- Put the flour, salt, pepper and milk in a microwavable dish. Whisk together, then add the butter to the mixture.
- Microwave the milk mixture for three minutes on high, whisking thoroughly every minute.
- Add chicken, mushrooms, peas and half the cheese to the white sauce. Mix well, then place in unbaked pie shell.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over chicken mixture.
- Lay reserved pastry strips over the pie to form a lattice. Brush with milk, then bake for 35-40 minutes at 400°F.