Chicken, mushrooms, peas in a cheesy sauce baked in flaky pastry. I use leftover chicken - a little goes a long way in this pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a 9inch pie dish with flaky pastry, set aside.
- 2Slice the second sheet of pastry into half inch wide ribbons and sett aside.
- 3Cut the chicken into small (1/2 inch square) cubes. Set aside.
- 4Put the flour, salt, pepper and milk in a microwavable dish. Whisk together, then add the butter to the mixture.
- 5Microwave the milk mixture for three minutes on high, whisking thoroughly every minute.
- 6Add chicken, mushrooms, peas and half the cheese to the white sauce. Mix well, then place in unbaked pie shell.
- 7Sprinkle remaining cheese over chicken mixture.
- 8Lay reserved pastry strips over the pie to form a lattice. Brush with milk, then bake for 35-40 minutes at 400°F.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Pie
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.5
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 42.7 mg
- Sodium 475.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 16.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: