Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another chicken recipe that is easy has a little kick to it. I have used chicken thighs and topped with sour cream and green onions.
- 1⁄2 cup medium salsa
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 lime, juice of
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Mix the salsa, mustard and lime juice in a large bowl or ziploc bag.
- Add the chicken, turning to coat with the marinade. Let it marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat until foamy.
- Drain chicken saving the marinade. Add chicken to skillet in a single layer. Cook 10-15 minutes till the chicken is a light brown on both sides. Add the reserved marinade to skillet and cook 5-10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Boil marinade in skillet over high heat 1 minutes; pour over chicken. Top with sour cream and chopped green onions.
This was very tasty! I made a little extra marinade to add in at the end because I didn't think it would be enough. I served it over brown rice. I didn't have any sour cream but I don't think it was necessary. Thanks!
So easy and so delicious! Loved the combo with the lime. My sauce was thicker than I thought it would be but was delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2010
I only used 3 chicken breasts but kept the marinade amounts as given! Also sliced the breasts into fourths so that the marinade would get to more breast surface! Ended up cutting the cooking time down a bit because of that, but the whole thing came together so nicely & was absolutely delicious! Yet another way for me to prepare chicken! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed as a THANK YOU for completing the Baker's Dozen Special in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]