Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this on the Better Homes and Gardens site. It is an easy, Thai flavored one dish meal. It can be varied easily. We loved it.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 3 cups mixed vegetables, broccoli, pea pods, bell pepper and carrots, cut up
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter (I used chunky)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- Use only one packet of the seasoning from the ramen noodles.
- In a large saucepan bring 2 quarts of water to boiling.
- Add the vegetables to the water and boil for 1 minute.
- Now add the slightly broken up noodles from both packets to the water and boil for 2 more minutes.
- It is easy to over cook the noodles to watch carefully.
- Drain and return to the pan.
- For the sauce:.
- In a medium saucepan whisk together the water, peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, red pepper flakes and seasoning packet until smooth.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes until thick and bubbly.
- Add the chicken, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots to the sauce and heat through.
- Add the sauce to the noodles and vegetables and gently combine.
- Top with the chopped peanuts and the green onions and serve.
This was so great! I did make a few changes. I did not add red pepper we have little ones. I also didn't have bamboo shoots or water chestnuts, I will next time make sure I have them on hand though. I also didn't realize it called for cooked chicken. We stir fried the chicken in veg. oil and sesame oil. great flavor easy to prepare a 5 star recipe all the way! Thanks so much for posting Carole!