Recipe by carole in orlando
I found this on the Better Homes and Gardens site. It is an easy, Thai flavored one dish meal. It can be varied easily. We loved it.
Top Review by children from A to Z
This was so great! I did make a few changes. I did not add red pepper we have little ones. I also didn't have bamboo shoots or water chestnuts, I will next time make sure I have them on hand though. I also didn't realize it called for cooked chicken. We stir fried the chicken in veg. oil and sesame oil. great flavor easy to prepare a 5 star recipe all the way! Thanks so much for posting Carole!
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 3 cups mixed vegetables, broccoli, pea pods, bell pepper and carrots, cut up
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter (I used chunky)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Use only one packet of the seasoning from the ramen noodles.
- In a large saucepan bring 2 quarts of water to boiling.
- Add the vegetables to the water and boil for 1 minute.
- Now add the slightly broken up noodles from both packets to the water and boil for 2 more minutes.
- It is easy to over cook the noodles to watch carefully.
- Drain and return to the pan.
- For the sauce:.
- In a medium saucepan whisk together the water, peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, red pepper flakes and seasoning packet until smooth.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes until thick and bubbly.
- Add the chicken, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots to the sauce and heat through.
- Add the sauce to the noodles and vegetables and gently combine.
- Top with the chopped peanuts and the green onions and serve.