Prep 3 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is an easy 4 ingredient dinner with plenty of leftovers (unless you have a huge family) Very frugal too- which is good in this economy! This makes a huge amount. We can feed a family of 5 plus have leftovers for lunch the next day! Great for a quick meal coming home from work.
- 283.49-340.19 g cooked chicken, shredded (leftover chicken works, or shortcuts prebagged work as well....also leftover ham or turkey would be )
- 226.79 g elbow macaroni (or pasta of your choice)
- 113.39 g frozen vegetables (we use half a bag of peas & carrots but whatever floats your boat will work ,o)
- 177.44 ml bottled ranch dressing (measure is approximate, we eyeball it til its the right consistency. Creamy Italian would also be go)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding frozen vegetables and chicken to boiling water.
- Drain and cool.
- Toss with bottled dressing, serve cold.
I was wanting to have this for my lunch on 4/20/12, so the salad was made on 4/19 to give the flavors time to meld. And since it was just for me,the recipe was made as follows, a 4 ounce chicken breast was diced into small bite sized pieces and browned in a bit of bacon "drippings".
Then for the pasta, 2 ounces of ziti was used, along with 1/3 cup of cooked peas. And the only dressing I had was cucumber ranch, so that was used. I didn't expect this salad to have much flavor,but it really was very good.If anyone makes this, might I suggest making the day before to give the flavors time to develop. Made for Spring PAC 2012. Thanks for posting and," Keep Smiling :) "
Very easy and yummy too!