Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is so good and easy! Great for a quick weeknight meal. Serve with a green salad and garlic bread for a very satisfying meal!
- boneless chicken breast (or you could use chicken tenderloins if you like)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 26 1⁄2 ounces prepared spaghetti sauce, any flavor
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- spaghetti noodles
- Mix together parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Set aside.
- Dip chicken into beaten egg, then in bread crumb mixture and coat well.
- Brown coated chicken on both sides in heated oil. Heat spaghetti sauce.
- Place a thin layer of sauce on bottom of casserole dish with part of the sauce, then place browned chicken on the sauce and spoon a little sauce on each chicken breast. Reserve remaining sauce for spaghetti.
- Cover and bake in a 325°F oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with mozzarella cheese, place back in oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with spaghetti and additional sauce.
- This recipe was edited according to the review.
We had this for dinner tonight and we loved it! It was delicious and the chicken was sooo moist. We used 4 small chicken breasts, flattened them and browned on each side for about a minute or two. Since the chicken wasn't thick we baked for only 25 minutes total. Also, for the spaghetti we used only 1/2 a box and it worked perfectly to serve 4 people. Thanks for the wonderful recipe Little Bee!
Really good basic recipe...quick & easy.
I am not sure what happened with the other reviewers, but this chicken turned out EXCELLENT for me!! So incredibly easy and delicious. This is perfect for the days when you just don't have time to make a fancy meal, but you want it to taste like it took time. Thanks Little Bee!