Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple and delicious. This is one of my husband's favorite meals.
- 15 piece all white meat chicken tenders, about (I use M&M meatshop's)
- 15 slice mozzarella cheese, about,small slices
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce (I like Prego)
- grated parmesan cheese
- line a 9 x 12 baking pan with chicken fingers.
- (Do not use a glass pan as it will shatter when the sauce is poured on--personal experience, oops) bake 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- place 1 slice of cheese on each piece of chicken.
- top with sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake until sauce bubbles.
- Serve with pasta, of course!
This was so EASY! I cleaned out the freezer, with various breaded chicken patties, tenderlions and nuggets, baked them slightly crispy, added the cheeses, and sauce, boiled some pasta and had simple supper. Used an aluminum pan and threw it away when we were done. TY Pamela for this great timesaver!
It just doesn't get better than this. Wonderful flavor, quick and easy to make and disappeared from our dinner plates in a flash. I used Herb and Garlic pasta sauce and Montery Jack cheese instead of Mozzarella cheese because that's what I had on hand and it worked very well with this dish. The directions were well written and easy to follow; clear and concise. No oven temperature was provided so I bake this at 350 degrees until cheese melted and sauces simmered; about 10-15 minutes. This recipe has found a permanent home in my repeat performance cookbook. Thanks Pamela for a terrific contribution!
This is so easy to make and very tasty! I've used shredded mozzarella instead of slices and it works great. Thanks for posting, Pamela!