Recipe by lesliecoy
I loved Chicken Paprikash, but hated the bones! So changed a few things in the recipe to make it easier to make and enjoy. This tastes even better as leftovers after the flavors have more time to blend, just don't forget to add with the Sour Cream and a little dried dill. (Fresh Dill if you have it)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup yellow onion, red, yellow, and orange Bell Pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 6 ounces wide egg noodles, wheat, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dried dill (or fresh )
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onion and peppers and pan roast. I like a little char on the edges, and remove from pan when the skins start to pull away from the peppers.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken in the same pot used for the peppers and onion until browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from the pot.
- Add the onions, bell pepper back to the pan and add garlic, cooking until the garlic is tender.
- Add stewed tomatoes, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to the pot in the vegetable mixture and simmer, partially covered, until the chicken is cooked through.
- To serve: in 4 bowls, divide the noodles into equal servings, top with chicken and sauce, top with sour cream and a sprinkling of dill.