Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My fiance John makes this for me whenever I ask. It's my favorite (especially when he adds a package of frozen petite peas).
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans French onion soup
- 1 1⁄2 quarts sour cream
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Cut uncooked chicken into bite size pieces.
- In a large pot heat oil.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, paprika, seasoned salt, and pepper.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture, brown in hot oil.
- When chicken pieces are browned, add French onion soup, lower heat to simmer.
- Simmer for about one hour.
- After the hour, begin cooking rice.
- While rice is cooking, add sour cream to chicken mixture, blend well, and simmer(approximately 20-30 minutes).
- Serve chicken mixture over the hot cooked rice.