Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from a Campbell's soup can. I didn't have high hopes for it, because it is really simple. But my boyfriend and roommate loved it. And my boyfriend compliments my cooking very sparingly. (He is too honest LOL) But he was licking his plate clean! I doubled the ground red pepper (cayenne). The original recipe called for 1/8 tsp. but I used 1/4 tsp. Unless you really don't like any kick to your food, go with the 1/4 tsp.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- cooked rice or noodles
- Heat butter in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken 10 minutes or until browned.
- Set chicken aside. Pour off fat.
- Add soup, sour cream, paprika and pepper to the pan. Heat to a boil.
- Return chicken to pan. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes or until chicken is done, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
My kids love this recipe! I used red pepper flakes instead of cayenne pepper and it was great. So easy!