this is a delicious comfort food meal that takes a very short time to put together and will work well using leftover cooked chicken or turkey, you may use your choice of small frozen veggies such as cut green beans, peas, corn, carrots or baby onions or use a mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth ((mixed with with water to measure 5 cups)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder (may omit if desired)
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken or 3 cups turkey
- 1 cup small frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (such as Pillsbury)
- 1In a bowl mix the chicken soup with water to measure 5 cups then add/whisk in the 2 cans of undiluted cream of chicken soup and garlic powder until smooth and combined.
- 2Transfer to a Dutch oven then add in cooked chicken or turkey and frozen vegetables and black pepper; bring to a boil over medium heat-high stirring.
- 3Separate the biscuits in half forming 2 rounds, then slice each round in half.
- 4Drop the biscuits into the simmering mixture one piece at a time then gently stir.
- 5Cover and reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, stirring gently a few times during cooking.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken or Turkey With Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 533.2
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 91.4 mg
- Sodium 1728.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 36.8 g