Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love this simple dish because it is well, easy and lets face it, everyone loves chicken pot pie. It can be made with a refrigerated pie crust or a homemade crust. It is also a great recipe to have on hand for all the leftover turkey most of us try to figure out what to do with after turkey day!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 cups chicken or 2 cups turkey, cooked and chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) bag mixed vegetables (veg-all)
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- In a large bowl mix chicken or turkey, veggies, cream soups, salt, pepper , garlic powder and milk; stir well. Spoon mixture evenly into one large casserole dish or 4 small round baking dishes.
- Roll out pie crust dough large enough to fit the top of the bowl. Press dough against sides of bowl. Bake @ 425 for 30 - 45 minutes or until crust is golden. Place cookie sheet on bottom rack of oven to catch any drips.
This is not gourmet, but comfort food at it's best. I used the vegies with water chestnuts, and followed the directions precisely. It was really good, and absolutely a recipe I will use again and again. Easy and delicious.