1 hr 30 mins
For those who do not want to bother making a cream sauce from scratch then this is for you and it's pretty darn good too, fresh mushrooms may be used in place of canned, although the golden mushroom soup is better this will also work using cream of mushroom soup, if you are not a garlic-lover then omit --- see my Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms, well drained (whole or sliced, squeeze out excess moisture with hands)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter or 3 -4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken (or turkey)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cut green beans, cooked and drained
- salt (to taste) (optional)
- 1 (9 inch) pastry for double-crust deep dish pie
- 1In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- 2Add in carrot, celery, onion and thyme; cook stirring until just crisp-tender.
- 3Add in mushrooms fresh garlic,and black pepper; cook stirring for 2 minutes.; remove skillet from heat.
- 4Place the cubed chicken or turkey in a bowl sprinkle with 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon flour and toss well to coat.
- 5To the skillet add in the floured chicken or turkey, undiluted soup and green beans to the onion mixture; mix very well with a spoon to combine.
- 6Line the bottom of the pie plate with pastry.
- 7Add in the chicken or turkey mixture.
- 8Place the remaining pastry on top; seal and flute.
- 9Slice a couple of slits on top to allow steam to escape.
- 10Brush lightly with table cream or milk.
- 11Cover the edges loosley with foil.
- 12Place the pie plate on a baking sheet.
- 13Bake bottom-oven rack for 55-60 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken or Turkey Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.6
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 847.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 22.3 g