Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great homemade chicken nuggets. My kids and husband devoured them. I got this from Weelicious.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup old fashioned oats (also known as 5 minute oats)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2. Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor until chicken is finely chopped and ingredients are combined.
- 3. Place the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl or on a plate and stir to combine.
- 4. With moistened hands, roll 1 tablespoon of chicken mixture between your palms and flatten it into a “nugget” shape.
- 5. Gently press nuggets into bread crumbs to evenly coat them.*.
- 6. Place nuggets on a cooling rack. Place cooling rack over a foil-lined baking sheet.
- 7. Lightly spray nuggets with cooking spray.
- 8. Bake for 15 minutes and serve.**.
- * To freeze, place nuggets on a sheet tray after this step and freeze for one hour. Place nuggets in labeled freezer bags for up to 3 months. When ready to cook, follow the directions starting with step #6.
- ** If you want your nuggets to be golden brown, place under the broiler for 2 minutes after cooking.