Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe online this winter and it was an instant hit with everyone who has tried it. Tastes like it's a lot of work. Flavorful, and great use of cooked chicken or turkey. I tend to overcook chicken, so when it's too dry, I make this!
- 1 (26 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, soup*
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, soup*
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (Lawry's)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (9 ounce) packagesfrozen egg noodles
- In a large pot, mix all ingredients except the noodles. Bring soup mixture to a boil, and then stir in noodles. Reduce to low heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until noodles are ready. Serve as is, over mashed potatoes, or with bread & butter.
- (*TIP: If you would like to make a healthier, cheaper, and less salty version, make your own condensed cream of chicken and mushroom soup by doubling "Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken or Mushroom or Celery Soup Recipe #397758").