Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
easy to make soup with a zip! Recipe from a friend who has some great recipes from family originating in texas...(I am from buffalo/niagara falls ny area)
- 12 cups water
- 12 teaspoons chicken soup base (or bouillon)
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces egg noodles (or marina pasta, like rice or orzo)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapenos
- 1 lb shredded cooked chicken
- Place 12 cups water and 12 teaspoons chicken soup base into pot.
- Add cut up vegetables and bring to boil. Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add pasta/rice and cook 10 minutes untils noodles tender.
- Add lemon juice, parsley, jalapenos and cooked chicken and simmer 10 or more minutes to blend flavors and heat chicken.
- (next day you can add more water with equal parts chicken soup base if more broth needed if noodles soak it up as it sits).