Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is something I adapted from my Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook. You can really put anything you want in there, and the taste is great. I made it last night using leftover turkey breast instead of chicken, and I served it with fresh biscuits.
- 1182.95 ml water
- 5 bouillon cubes
- 473.18 ml vegetables, frozen or fresh (frozen is easier and quicker to use)
- 236.59 ml pasta noodles, any type you like
- 14.79 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- red pepper flakes (we like it hot)
- 236.59 ml chicken, cubed
- Boil the water, and dissolve bouillon cubes.
- Add seasonings and vegetables and return to a boil.
- Add pasta and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add chicken and heat through till warm.
- You can change this to really anything you like, its easy and tasty and very quick, especially if you use leftover chicken.
- Tastes great with hot fresh biscuits or a salad.
Wow, this came together fast! I didn't use noodles because my frozen veggie mix had peas and corn in it so that was enough starch for me. I will make this for a quick lunch all the time. Thank you.
I thought there was too much oregano after I tasted it so I cut it with an additional cup of water and a pinch of salt. After my adjustments it tasted very good. It was EXTREMELY easy to make and my children enjoyed it too so I will certainly make it again.
I fixed this soup for some friends of mine who were all sick with flu. I used one small bag of frozen seasoning blend (onions, celery, & bell peppers) and one small bag of frozen sliced carrots. I also added about a tablespoon of butter buds to give that buttery taste. It turned out wonderful!