Recipe by TexasKelly
This is something I adapted from my Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook. You can really put anything you want in there, and the taste is great. I made it last night using leftover turkey breast instead of chicken, and I served it with fresh biscuits.
Top Review by Katanashrp
Wow, this came together fast! I didn't use noodles because my frozen veggie mix had peas and corn in it so that was enough starch for me. I will make this for a quick lunch all the time. Thank you.
- 5 cups water
- 5 bouillon cubes
- 2 cups vegetables, frozen or fresh (frozen is easier and quicker to use)
- 1 cup pasta noodles, any type you like
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- red pepper flakes (we like it hot)
- 1 cup chicken, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the water, and dissolve bouillon cubes.
- Add seasonings and vegetables and return to a boil.
- Add pasta and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add chicken and heat through till warm.
- You can change this to really anything you like, its easy and tasty and very quick, especially if you use leftover chicken.
- Tastes great with hot fresh biscuits or a salad.