Recipe by Miss Kitty
I have been making this soup for my son since he was just a toddler. Now, I make it with lots of chicken and noodles because this is a wintertime meal at our house. Use whatever chicken pieces you have on hand, remove the skin and bone (if necessary), chop them up -- and you have done the hardest part of making this delicious soup!!
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb skinless chicken
- 2 tablespoons chicken soup base (I use low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups egg noodles, medium
- 12 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Place chicken, parsley, garlic, onion, pepper, and soup base into large dutch oven or stock pot.
- Brown the chicken mixture over medium heat.
- If you are not using a non-stick pot, you may need to add a bit of water.
- Add water, and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles, and return to a boil.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until noodles are tender.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- (I usually turn heat very low, and let it cook for about 1 hour) Ladle into bowls and serve piping hot.
- Note: I have made this in a crockpot, also.
- Simply brown the meat and all the spices, transfer to crockpot.
- Add water and cook on low for about 2 to 3 hours depending on your crockpot.
- Add noodles, and cook another hour, or until noodles are tender and soup is good and hot.