1/1 Photo of Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
Miss Kitty's Note:
I have been making this soup for my son since he was just a toddler. Now, I make it with lots of chicken and noodles because this is a wintertime meal at our house. Use whatever chicken pieces you have on hand, remove the skin and bone (if necessary), chop them up -- and you have done the hardest part of making this delicious soup!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- 2Place chicken, parsley, garlic, onion, pepper, and soup base into large dutch oven or stock pot.
- 3Brown the chicken mixture over medium heat.
- 4If you are not using a non-stick pot, you may need to add a bit of water.
- 5Add water, and bring to a boil.
- 6Add noodles, and return to a boil.
- 7Cook for about 5 minutes until noodles are tender.
- 8Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- 9(I usually turn heat very low, and let it cook for about 1 hour) Ladle into bowls and serve piping hot.
- 10Note: I have made this in a crockpot, also.
- 11Simply brown the meat and all the spices, transfer to crockpot.
- 12Add water and cook on low for about 2 to 3 hours depending on your crockpot.
- 13Add noodles, and cook another hour, or until noodles are tender and soup is good and hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.3
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 96.2 mg
- Sodium 91.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 29.2 g