Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I came up with this when I wanted some chicken noodle soup for my sick son and didn't have everything I needed. He loved it! Also, it is super healthy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 medium onions
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 liter chicken broth (can use low sodium)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup whole wheat egg noodles
- Heat oil in soup pot and sautee onions until they are nice and brown.
- Meanwhile cook spinich in microwave according to package directions.
- Add spinich, chicken, broth, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, crushed garlic cloves, and bay leaves and bring to a boil. You may wish to add a bit of water, depending on how thick it is.
- Add noodles and cook as long as they require.
- Fish out bay leaves and garlic cloves.