1/7 Photos of Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
A quick and easy dinner that's tasty, economical and doesn't leave you with too many dishes to wash! An Asian Style Chicken Noodle Soup. Submitted for "Dining on a Dollar Contest" using contest ingredients - November 2008. Add the red pepper flakes as an option if you like a hotter style soup, or alternately use a small red chilli finely diced and add with the chopped onion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced (can use bottled minced garlic)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 carrots, finely julienned or 1 carrot, very finely sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped cabbage (chinese cabbage) or 2 cups wombok cabbage (chinese cabbage)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 (3 ounce) packets ramen noodles, discard seasoning sachets (also referred to as instant noodles)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaf (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1In a small bowl combine the 2 teaspoons of sesame oil with the minced garlic- set aside.
- 2Using a large stockpot or saucepan, heat the vegetable or peanut oil and then add the carrot, onion and cabbage.
- 3Gently stir-fry until the vegetables have softened slightly - around 3-5 minutes.
- 4Add the chicken stock, soy sauce, shredded chicken and green beans. Bring to the boil.
- 5Once the soup is to the boil, add the sesame soaked garlic and the 2 packets of ramen noodles (do not use the seasoning sachets) and boil until the noodles are cooked. Approx 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- 6Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir thru the cilantro (if using). Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.2
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 51.9 mg
- Sodium 1684.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 29.7 g