We used to go to a restaurant that had the best Chicken Nachos so I came up with my own version. Whenever I make them I cover the coffee table and we gather around and eat there, out of the pan, with bowls of various dipping items. This is a meal for our family. One of my kid's favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 full boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 bag firm tortilla chips (Diane's are good)
- 2 cans bean dip
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 4 cups cheddar- monterey jack cheese
- chopped black olives (optional)
- canned chopped green chili (optional)
- chopped tomato, etc. (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- 1Cut chicken up into 1/2" cubes.
- 2Heat oil in skillet over med.
- 3heat and add chicken.
- 4Pan fry until almost done and sprinkle taco seasoning mix, stirring to coat.
- 5When done (no longer pink), set aside to cool slightly.
- 6In a 13 x 9" casserole arrange half the tortilla chips.
- 7Spread with one can bean dip (fingers must be used for good spreading!) Sprinkle with half the cheese, half the cooked chicken and half the other desired toppings.
- 8Repeat layers.
- 9Bake on 325 until the cheese is melted on both layers.
- 10Ovens vary so just keep watching them and check the under-layer.
- 11Serve with salsa, sour cream, diced jalapeno's, guacamole, whatever your heart desires.
- 12*This is also good made with steak (1/4" cubes) instead of chicken.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Nachos
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.5
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 90.5 mg
- Sodium 630.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
taco seasoning mix