Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We used to go to a restaurant that had the best Chicken Nachos so I came up with my own version. Whenever I make them I cover the coffee table and we gather around and eat there, out of the pan, with bowls of various dipping items. This is a meal for our family. One of my kid's favorites.
- 1 full boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 bag firm tortilla chips (Diane's are good)
- 2 cans bean dip
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 4 cups cheddar- monterey jack cheese
- chopped black olives (optional)
- canned chopped green chili (optional)
- chopped tomato, etc. (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Cut chicken up into 1/2" cubes.
- Heat oil in skillet over med.
- heat and add chicken.
- Pan fry until almost done and sprinkle taco seasoning mix, stirring to coat.
- When done (no longer pink), set aside to cool slightly.
- In a 13 x 9" casserole arrange half the tortilla chips.
- Spread with one can bean dip (fingers must be used for good spreading!) Sprinkle with half the cheese, half the cooked chicken and half the other desired toppings.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake on 325 until the cheese is melted on both layers.
- Ovens vary so just keep watching them and check the under-layer.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, diced jalapeno's, guacamole, whatever your heart desires.
- *This is also good made with steak (1/4" cubes) instead of chicken.
This recipe was great! I've made it several times recently and everyone wants the recipe. I used chipotle flavored taco seasoning and the Sargento Bistro Cheddar Salsa cheese. I followed the rest of the recipe and it was excellent and easy. Thanks for the recipe
This was a very enjoyable family friendly meal. I did not have anything out to add after it cooked, but put everything in the layers to go in the oven. One of my bean dips had jalopenas in it, so I did not add anymore chilies, and I used the olives sparingly, as some in my family like them and some not so much. Maybe that would have been a good add-on item. Thanks for an easy dinner both to fix and to clean up - only one pan and one casserole dish.