Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We used to go to a restaurant that had the best Chicken Nachos so I came up with my own version. Whenever I make them I cover the coffee table and we gather around and eat there, out of the pan, with bowls of various dipping items. This is a meal for our family. One of my kid's favorites.
- 1 full boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 bag firm tortilla chips (Diane's are good)
- 2 cans bean dip
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 4 cups cheddar- monterey jack cheese
- chopped black olives (optional)
- canned chopped green chili (optional)
- chopped tomato, etc. (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Cut chicken up into 1/2" cubes.
- Heat oil in skillet over med.
- heat and add chicken.
- Pan fry until almost done and sprinkle taco seasoning mix, stirring to coat.
- When done (no longer pink), set aside to cool slightly.
- In a 13 x 9" casserole arrange half the tortilla chips.
- Spread with one can bean dip (fingers must be used for good spreading!) Sprinkle with half the cheese, half the cooked chicken and half the other desired toppings.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake on 325 until the cheese is melted on both layers.
- Ovens vary so just keep watching them and check the under-layer.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, diced jalapeno's, guacamole, whatever your heart desires.
- *This is also good made with steak (1/4" cubes) instead of chicken.