Chef #998944's Note:
I saw this on the Food Network-Healthy Appetite. Absolutely DELICIOUS, healthy, and easy. I used a couple pieces of chicken I had already cooked up. This recipe is great for lunch or dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms (about 3 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken breasts (1 breast half)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1Heat the oil in a large skillet over a medium heat. Add the onions and mushrooms and cook until they begin to brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 2Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- 3Add chicken, and chili powder, and stir until incorporated.
- 4Add spinach, salt and pepper and cook until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- 5Lay 1 tortilla on a flat work surface and sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Spoon 1/2 chicken and vegetable mixture on top of cheese, then top with an additional 1/4 cup cheese. Top with another flour tortilla.
- 6Heat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray over medium heat. Carefully place 1 quesadilla in pan and cook 3 minutes. Using a large spatula, gently flip quesadilla and cook an additional 3 minutes until lightly browned and cheese is melted. Repeat with second quesadilla.
- 7Slice each quesadilla into quarters. Place 2 quarters on a plate with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 2 tablespoons salsa.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken-Mushroom Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.3
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 35.5 mg
- Sodium 689.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat tortillas