Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I saw this on the Food Network-Healthy Appetite. Absolutely DELICIOUS, healthy, and easy. I used a couple pieces of chicken I had already cooked up. This recipe is great for lunch or dinner!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms (about 3 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken breasts (1 breast half)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over a medium heat. Add the onions and mushrooms and cook until they begin to brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add chicken, and chili powder, and stir until incorporated.
- Add spinach, salt and pepper and cook until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Lay 1 tortilla on a flat work surface and sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Spoon 1/2 chicken and vegetable mixture on top of cheese, then top with an additional 1/4 cup cheese. Top with another flour tortilla.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray over medium heat. Carefully place 1 quesadilla in pan and cook 3 minutes. Using a large spatula, gently flip quesadilla and cook an additional 3 minutes until lightly browned and cheese is melted. Repeat with second quesadilla.
- Slice each quesadilla into quarters. Place 2 quarters on a plate with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 2 tablespoons salsa.