Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These is SO easy to make, low fat, nutritious, and the whole family loved them!
Make and share this Easy Chicken & Mushroom Pastries recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g chicken breasts, all visible fat removed
- 150 g mushrooms
- 1 small leek
- 1⁄4 cup finely sliced shallots or 1⁄4 cup spring onion
- 1⁄3 cup extra light sour cream
- 190 g phyllo pastry, sheets thawed
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- canola oil cooking spray
- dried herbs (optional)
- Thinly slice chicken breasts and lightly brown in a wok/ pan, using a little olive oil.
- Add thinly sliced mushrooms and leeks to pan, cook until just softened (only about 1 1/2 minutes).
- Add extra-light sour cream, shallots, mustard, salt and pepper, cook until combined (about 1 minute). Set aside.
- Using 2 phyllo pastry sheets per pastry, place 1/6 of the mixture in centre and gently fold.
- How you fold is up to you- -I recommend folding sheets in half first to prevent tearing.
- Place folded parcels on baking paper-lined oven dish, and lightly spray with canola oil.
- Sprinkle with mixed herbs.
- Bake in moderate oven (180°C) for 10-15 minutes, or until pastry is crisp and chicken mixture heated.
- To brown pastry, remove from oven and place under grill for about 1 minute.
- Watch them though, they brown very quickly!
- Serve with a side of green salad or veggies.
These were really great! My family loved them, and I couldn't believe how filling they are ... just a few ingredients went a long way.