Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These is SO easy to make, low fat, nutritious, and the whole family loved them!
- 500 g chicken breasts, all visible fat removed
- 150 g mushrooms
- 1 small leek
- 1⁄4 cup finely sliced shallots or 1⁄4 cup spring onion
- 1⁄3 cup extra light sour cream
- 190 g phyllo pastry, sheets thawed
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- canola oil cooking spray
- dried herbs (optional)
- Thinly slice chicken breasts and lightly brown in a wok/ pan, using a little olive oil.
- Add thinly sliced mushrooms and leeks to pan, cook until just softened (only about 1 1/2 minutes).
- Add extra-light sour cream, shallots, mustard, salt and pepper, cook until combined (about 1 minute). Set aside.
- Using 2 phyllo pastry sheets per pastry, place 1/6 of the mixture in centre and gently fold.
- How you fold is up to you- -I recommend folding sheets in half first to prevent tearing.
- Place folded parcels on baking paper-lined oven dish, and lightly spray with canola oil.
- Sprinkle with mixed herbs.
- Bake in moderate oven (180°C) for 10-15 minutes, or until pastry is crisp and chicken mixture heated.
- To brown pastry, remove from oven and place under grill for about 1 minute.
- Watch them though, they brown very quickly!
- Serve with a side of green salad or veggies.
These were really great! My family loved them, and I couldn't believe how filling they are ... just a few ingredients went a long way.