Claire Jane's Note:
These is SO easy to make, low fat, nutritious, and the whole family loved them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g chicken breasts, all visible fat removed
- 150 g mushrooms
- 1 small leek
- 1/4 cup finely sliced shallots or 1/4 cup spring onion
- 1/3 cup extra light sour cream
- 190 g phyllo pastry, sheets thawed
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- canola oil cooking spray
- dried herbs (optional)
- 1Thinly slice chicken breasts and lightly brown in a wok/ pan, using a little olive oil.
- 2Add thinly sliced mushrooms and leeks to pan, cook until just softened (only about 1 1/2 minutes).
- 3Add extra-light sour cream, shallots, mustard, salt and pepper, cook until combined (about 1 minute). Set aside.
- 4Using 2 phyllo pastry sheets per pastry, place 1/6 of the mixture in centre and gently fold.
- 5How you fold is up to you- -I recommend folding sheets in half first to prevent tearing.
- 6Place folded parcels on baking paper-lined oven dish, and lightly spray with canola oil.
- 7Sprinkle with mixed herbs.
- 8Bake in moderate oven (180°C) for 10-15 minutes, or until pastry is crisp and chicken mixture heated.
- 9To brown pastry, remove from oven and place under grill for about 1 minute.
- 10Watch them though, they brown very quickly!
- 11Serve with a side of green salad or veggies.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken & Mushroom Pastries
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.5
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 86.7 mg
- Sodium 367.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 31.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard