Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I opened my pantry and what did I see a little tin of chicken, opened the fridge and saw mushrooms, cream cheese and all the other ingredients that I thought might go into this recipe and it worked. Use Spring roll wrap not wonton wrap for this recipe they are lighter and crisp nicely with out oil or butter. Ther are 50 in a package so you will have afew left over. I just wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and put them in the freezer. I think this recipe will freeze well - I will edit the intro when I try them from frozen
- 3 green onions, chopped, use green part too
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese or 3⁄4 cup of your favorite cheese
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can chicken, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (or less)
- salt & pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package spring rolls, wraps (contains 50)
- 1⁄2 cup water, to dampen edges of wraps
- Pre heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all the ingresient together (except Spring roll wrap).
- Remove one wrap at a time keeping the others covered with a damp paper towel.
- Place a tbsp of the filling in the center of a wrap, turn so the wrap is sitting with a corner facing you, bring the bottom corner half way up covering the filling, Fold the right corner in over top, bringing the left corner, wet the top flap and bring it over the other folds. You have made an envelope with the filling in the center, sealed inside.
- Try to ensure that there are no leak spots on the corners.
- Place folded side down on a lightly oiled cookie sheet ot use a piece of Release Foil.
- Continue until you have made all 35 .
- Place in oven for 15 minutes, remove and flip each wrap, return to the oven for a further 10 minutes or until they are golden.