Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is so easy to put together just mix all ingredients then bake, it's a great recipe to use leftover chicken or even turkey, you can either top the casserole with crushed cornflakes or sprinkle shredded cheese on the last 5 minutes of baking. Prep time does not include cooking the rice of chicken.
Top Review by Xae
Super easy and good tasting recipe. Even my hubby liked it, he is not a fan of chicken. I added about a cup of carrots and broccoli to it. I only had Romano cheese in the house and used wild rice. Turned out great!
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned mushrooms, drained
- 2 small celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional or to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- shredded cheddar cheese (or use crushed cornflakes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl stir all ingredients together (except the shredded cheese or cornflake crumbs) mix well to combine, then season with salt and black pepper and a pinch of cayenne pepper (if using).
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with about 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese then cornflake crumbs.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly (if topping with shredded cheese, add on the last 5 minutes of baking).