Recipe by Miracle Miriam
I got this recipe off of the back of a bag of frozen chicken breasts. It was really easy, but tasted very "gourmet". I know you will enjoy it as much as we did. The original recipe called for a 8 oz. can of tomato sauce, but I used the bigger can to make it more saucy.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup marsala wine
- 8 ounces cooked linguine
Directions See How It's Made
- In plastic bag, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Add chicken; shake to coat.
- Heat oil over medium heat and add chicken. Cook until no longer pink in center. Remove and set chicken aside.
- In the same skillet add garlic and mushrooms; cook 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, wine, and basil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Serve over hot linguine.