Recipe by HisPixie
I have modified this recipe from the original. The original was too dry and cooked too long so watch the cooking time. The manicotti should be tender but not dry.
- 30 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (or more, to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breast tenders
- 8 ounces manicotti (14)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley or 1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs
- 14 ounces chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread about 1/3 of the sauce in an ungreased 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Sprinkle garlic salt on chicken tenders.
- Insert chicken into uncooked manicotti shells, stuffing from each end to fill, if necessary (a chopstick or wooden skewer may help with this process).
- Place shells on spaghetti sauce in dish. Pour remaining sauce evenly over shells, covering completely. Add chicken broth (1 can).
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake about 1-1/2 hours or until shells are tender. Sprinkle finished dish with parsley or Italian herbs.