Prep 50 mins
Cook 30 mins
There's a few recipes on Zaar for this, but this one seems different from the rest, even though some ingredients are the same. This is simple and delicious. Prep time includes 30 minutes to freeze.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped (fresh if possible)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- Beat the chicken breasts flat with a meat mallet or a rolling pin.
- Mix together the garlic, lemon rind, lemon juice, butter, parsley, salt and pepper to form a paste.
- Divide the butter evenly between the chicken breasts and carefully roll up and secure with string.
- Freeze for 15 minutes or until the butter is firm.
- Coat the chicken in the flour, dip in the beaten egg and coat in the breadcrumbs, pressing firmly to make sure they stick.
- Return to the freezer for a further 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190C/375°F.
- Bake the chicken for 30-40 minutes or until the outside is golden and crisp.
- Plate the chicken and drizzle a bit of the butter sauce over it before serving.
I made this for dinner last night and followed the directions as written except I used chicken cutlets, so no pounding was needed. We really liked this but the lemon flavor was overpowered by the garlic. Next time I would add a little less garlic and then maybe more lemon juice with the butter to drizzle over the chicken. Thanks Culinary for a great recipe.
What an easy but impressive recipe. Everyone loved it. I served it with gnocci and green beans. Thanks for posting
I'm impressed with this recipe! My husband loved it and I served it with steamed rice and fresh steamed carrots, spinach, zuchini and russan banana potatoes. It was very good.