1/1 Photo of Easy Chicken Kebabs
This is modified from Madhur Jaffrey's Quick & Easy Indian Cooking. I love her recipes, but find that they call for far more fat than my diet can sustain, so I've left all the flavor but cut the butter and oil. These are wonderful as either an appetizer to share with a crowd, or a main dish for 4. Just a note- turmeric stains, so please be careful not to get the marinade on your counter, or your clothes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour (I just use AP flour)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you like it spicy)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 teaspoons melted butter (for basting)
- 1Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes. Put in a mixing bowl and rub with the lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- 2In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt and flour, whisking to combine well. Add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the ginger, garlic, cayenne, turmeric, cumin, and garam masala. Mix well, then pour the yougurt mixture over the chicken. Mix to coat all of the chicken pieces, then set aside for at least 15 minutes. (You could leave in the refrigerator overnight at this point, if you wish.).
- 3Preheat your broiler or grill to high heat.
- 4Thread the chicken onto skewers (remember to soak the skewers first if you are using wooden ones, so they don't burn). Place on a broiling pan (if using the oven) or directly onto the grill grate. Baste with half of the melted butter.
- 5Cook for five minutes, then flip and baste with the remaining butter. Cook for 2 - 3 more minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- 6Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.9
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 102.3 mg
- Sodium 642.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 31.4 g