Recipe by hokiegal
This is so easy and my kids love it--even eating veggies. Easy to change based on what you have on hand.
Top Review by Donna
You know, this was really good! I made it because I had everything on hand and didn't feel like going to the store, and I was really surprised, it just seems so basic, but the flavor was great!! I served it with mashed potatoes and I did thicken the broth with the soup... YUMMY! thanks! I will make this again for sure!
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 -2 onion, cut in chunks
- 4 -6 potatoes, cut in chunks, don't peel (optional)
- carrot (I use a large handful of baby carrots)
- 1 (14 ounce) bag frozen green beans
- garlic powder
- pepper (other spices can be used to taste such as rosemary, poultry seasoning, sage, etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put carrots and onions and potatoes (if used) in bottom of crock pot.
- Place rinsed out chicken on top of veggies.
- Move around if needed to close lid.
- Sprinkle a little garlic and pepper on chicken.
- Do not add any liquid.
- Close lid and cook on low about 6 hours.
- Put green beans in crockpot and cook 2 more hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes (if you didn't cook any with chicken). You can also create a sauce by removing everything to serving dish and then adding cream of chicken/mushroom soup using the broth to thin to the right texture.
- The chicken will fall apart.