Recipe by Chef Dan 74
This Gumbo is fast and easy to make and can be served as a side or a meal, its mouth watering yummy !! Chicken or Turkey can be used, also works great with shrimp.
- 2 -4 ounces cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 (7 ounce) box Zatarians gumbo base mix
- 2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 bunch celery
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- chop your bell pepper, onion, and celery , add to a 5 quart pan.
- next add can of chiles and your 7 oz gumbo mix. If you are using the gumbo base mix, you will need to make your own rice to go with this, 2 cups should be enough, if you can find the gumbo mix with rice , then its already in the mix for you.
- then add your two can's of broth and water.
- finally add your cooked chicken and set heat to high until boiling, then reduce to simmer about 30 minutes.
- Enjoy .