Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a Taste of Home magazine. I always wanted to know how to make alfredo. It was sooo fast and easy. Even my picky eaters liked it!
- 1 (12 ounce) package fettuccine
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Cook fettuccine in boiling water for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain, reserving 1-2 tablespoons drippings.
- Saute the chicken in drippings until no longer pink. Add the mushrooms and green onions; cook until mushrooms are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the cream, cheese, paprika and pepper. Reduce the heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes. Stir in the reserved bacon.
- Drain fettuccine; place in a serving bowl. Add chicken mixture; toss to coat. Garnish with additional cheese.
Simple and easy, i modified it a little and used alfredo fetuccini sauce in a jar and added broccoli florets to add more color to it. It came out really good.
I made this last night. absolutely delicious. The bacon makes it! Very easy to make. don't be afraid!!.
Super easy and super tasty! Loved this one, it will make the rounds around our table for sure! :)