Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Menus4Moms. I think it sounds pretty good; plus easy, quick and done in one pan! Another perk: the macaroni goes in uncooked.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless chicken, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 2 cups red bell peppers or 2 cups green bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- Cook chicken with chili powder and salt in a non-stick or Pam sprayed fry pan until cooked through.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in macaroni and cover, reducing heat to medium-low.
- Simmer 5 minutes and add peppers and onions and Velveeta cubes.
- Cook until cheese is melted, stirring frequently.
Good quick fix that everyone ate and enjoyed. Was better not served right away, allowed it to thicken up. Was in a hurry so used frozen chopped onions and two cups of frozen chopped bell peppers which worked well. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I was making chicken fajitas and didn't have tortillas, so I quick checked recipezaar and found this recipe. I had cooked the chicken with fajita seasoning,one sliced green pepper and dry onion so I just threw in the noodles, broth and a package of shredded sharp cheddar, simmered and it was great! My kids loved it too!
The directions on this kept making me nervous... I thought the chicken would stick due to the lack of oil. It did, but when I added the chicken broth I was able to deglaze all the important stuff. I also wasn't sure that the noodles would cook well enough in the time stated, but they turned out just fine. I wasn't sure whether to slice the veggies (like fajitas) or chop them, so I sliced the peppers and chopped the onions for my onion-complainers. Overall, this turned out pretty well.