Recipe by looneytunesfan
Modify the spiciness with the intensity of the salsa and the green chilis to suit your taste.
Top Review by bad kitty 1116
These are so good! I got them from Simple & Delicious magazine .I never used flour tortillas for enchiladas before trying this recipe and I love them with the flour tortillas. Easier to work with than corn and very yummy. I make this recipe often-the filling inside is a wonderful flavor combo and so yummy!
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomato
- sour cream
- sliced ripe olives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spoon 1/2 cup enchilada sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir the cream cheese and salsa over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until blended. Stir in the chicken, beans and chilies.
- Place about 6 tablespoons of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down over sauce. Top with remaining enchilada sauce; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with lettuce, tomato, sour cream and olives if desired.