This is an easy and delicious casserole. You can use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Also, if you like, you could substitute cut-up cooked pork in place of the chicken. If your family loves beans, try adding 1 can of spicy chili beans, undrained, to the chicken mixture for extra flavor and fiber. Recipe is from Pillsbury.
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 1 (19 ounce) can mild enchilada sauce
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups tortilla chips, coarsely broken
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 cup monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, shredded (try to use the kind with jalapeno peppers cheese blend)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, mix chicken, sugar, salsa, enchilada sauce and corn.
- Place tortilla chips in an ungreased 8-inch square glass baking dish.
- Top with chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with onions, tomato and cheese.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- If desired, arrange additional tortilla chips around edge of dish.