Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy chicken based empanadas for quick snacks for you, the kids, or a last minute get-together!
- 11 ounces pie dough, mix (suggest Betty Crocker)
- 1 (9 3/4 ounce) can white chicken meat, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Prepare pie dough according to package directions for double crust pie. Wrap dough in plastic wrap or parchment paper & chill.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium sauce pan, combine chicken, salsa, olives. Bring to a boil, then simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Cool slightly.
- On flour-dusted surface, roll dough 1/8 inch thick. Using a 3 inch round cutter (or your Tupperware empanada maker!), cut out 18 circles, re-rolling scraps as needed.
- Place about 1 T. chicken mixture in center of each circle. Moisten edges with water or milk. Fold circles in half and pinch to seal (or just shut your empanada maker). Pierce tops with fork.
- Put empanadas on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Serve hot.