Recipe by mydesigirl
I can't wait to try these! I love chicken egg rolls and am planning on making these for New Year's Eve.
Top Review by Cookworm
Made these for a large finger food NY's spread. I omitted the chicken since I had several dishes with meat. Theses were just as delicious with only vegetables. Nice dish to make ahead and then bake on serving day too. Thanks!
- 4 cups purchased coleslaw mix
- 8 ounces deli roasted chicken breast, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) packagerefrigerated egg roll wraps
- cooking oil (for frying)
- bottled sweet and sour sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- In large bowl, toss together coleslaw mix, chicken, onion, soy sauce, ginger and garlic powder.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture across and just below center of each egg roll wrapper.
- Fold bottom corner over filling, tucking it under on other side.
- Fold side corners over filling, forming an envelope shape.
- Roll egg roll toward remaining corner.
- Moisten top corner with water; press firmly to seal.
- Repeat with remaining chicken mixture and egg roll wrappers.
- In heavy saucepan or deep-fat fryer, heat about 2 inches of oil to 365°F
- Fry egg rolls, 2 or 3 at a time, 2 to 3 minutes or until brown, turning often.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Keep warm in oven while frying remaining egg rolls.
- Serve immediately with sweet and sour sauce.