Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
A true comfort food! Homemade taste without the hassle. As with any crock pot recipe, you'll need to adjust the timing depending on how quickly yours cooks.
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 (12 ounce) cans buttermilk biscuits
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) soup can water
- salt & pepper
- Place chicken in crock pot, season with salt, pepper, and other seasonings of your choice. Do not add water. Cook 4-6 hours on low.
- Remove chicken from crock pot. Strain the broth in the crock pot to remove fat and any small bones.
- Add broth back to crock pot along with the soup, margarine, and water. Increase heat to 'high' and add cut up biscuits. (I usually cut mine in half).
- While the dumplings are cooking, remove the chicken from the bone and add to crock pot.
- Cook for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until dumplings are done to your liking.