Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
BIG tip: DO NOT STIR DUMPLINGS after dropping them into stock, all your dumplings will disintegrate. I learned this the hard way the first time I made dumplings
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken or 3-4 boneless chicken breasts, cut up
- 1892.72 ml chicken broth
- 473.18 ml sliced or diced carrots
- 473.18 ml sliced celery, with leafy green tops
- 236.59 ml diced onion
- 29.58 ml parsley (fresh or dried)
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 14.79 ml chicken base (can use 3 bouillon cubes)
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 473.18 ml Bisquick baking mix
- 158.51 ml milk
- Bring stock to boil, add carrots, celery, onion, chicken base, garlic powder, and onion powder cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add parsley, pepper, and cook for another 10 minutes.
- When vegetables are tender add chicken.
- Adjust seasoning by adding salt and extra pepper if needed.
- Stir ingredients until soft dough forms.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto boiling stew; reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook uncovered 10 minutes then cover and cook 10 minutes.
This was really good. I used a low sodium chicken broth for extra flavor due to the fac I have no vegies on hand. I'm also on home dialysis so, I have to watch my sodium & I didn't use anyother salt & one small can of biscuits & shut my eyes,hahaha. This is the second time I've made this & give it 5 stars. When you live alone & on a special diet, this is a good/healthy supper for all. The next time I make this in the future, I will use celery, carrotts.