1/4 Photos of Easy Chicken & Drop Dumplings
Douglas Poe's Note:
BIG tip: DO NOT STIR DUMPLINGS after dropping them into stock, all your dumplings will disintegrate. I learned this the hard way the first time I made dumplings
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken or 3 -4 boneless chicken breasts, cut up
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups sliced or diced carrots
- 2 cups sliced celery, with leafy green tops
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh or dried)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chicken base (can use 3 bouillon cubes)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2Bring stock to boil, add carrots, celery, onion, chicken base, garlic powder, and onion powder cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 3Add parsley, pepper, and cook for another 10 minutes.
- 4When vegetables are tender add chicken.
- 5Adjust seasoning by adding salt and extra pepper if needed.
- 7Stir ingredients until soft dough forms.
- 8Drop by spoonfuls onto boiling stew; reduce heat to simmer.
- 9Cook uncovered 10 minutes then cover and cook 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken & Drop Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.6
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 92.3 mg
- Sodium 1591.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 39.1 g